Young photographers who are age 16 and under compete for cash prizes in the Youth category. First prize is $100, Second prize is $75, Third prize is $50 and three Honorable Mention prizes are each $25.
What Should You Take Pictures Of?
Your photos must be of the following subjects:
- Cultural/Historic (buildings, farm animals, etc.)
- Black & White of any of the above categories
Your photos must be taken in one of the following towns:
- East Haddam
- Old Lyme
- Old Saybrook
Your photos do not have to be taken on land trust properties in these towns, but if you visit one of our land trust properties, you will find much to photograph!
You can use any kind of camera (digital, film, smart phone, tablet, etc.) and your photos can be in color or black & white.
How You Enter
- First, read the Contest Rules.
- Then, select your best photos. You can enter up to three photos.
- Have your photo(s) printed to size 8×10.
- Mat your photo. If you do not know how to mat a photo, check out the video below.
- Print one entry form for each photo you want to enter in the contest. When you fill out the entry form, remember to get your parent or guardian to sign the form too.
- Follow the directions on the entry form for mailing or dropping off your entry.
- Finally, include digital copies of your photo entries or email them to email@example.com
How to mat a photo
Tutorial for kids on how to mat a photo for the Land Trusts Photo Contest, an amateur photography competition hosted annually by six Connecticut land trusts: the East Haddam, Essex, Lyme, Old Lyme, Old Saybrook and Salem Land Trusts. For more info see landtrustsphotocontest.org.
Come On, Do It!
Can you take pictures like these? Here are some of the Youth winners from previous years:
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org