Young photographers who are age 18 and younger compete for cash prizes. First prize is $100, Second prize is $75, Third prize is $50!
Two Youth Categories!
There are now two separate age groups for kids to enter the contest: “Age 14 to 18” and “Age 13 and Younger.” It does not matter what age you were when you took the photo. How old you are on February 28, 2019 is the age that determines which category you may enter.
What Should You Take Pictures Of?
Your photos must be of the following subjects:
- Land Trust Properties (What’s this?)
- Landscape / Waterscape
- Cultural/Historic (buildings, farm animals, etc.)
- Black & White of any of the above categories
Your photos must be taken in one of the following towns:
- East Haddam
- Old Lyme
- Old Saybrook
Your photos do not have to be taken on the land trust properties in these towns, but if you visit one of our land trust properties, you will find much to photograph!
You can use any kind of camera except a drone and your photos can be in color or black & white.
How You Enter
- First, read the Contest Rules
- Then, select your best photos. You can enter up to three photos.
- Have your photo(s) printed to size 8×10.
- Mat your photo. If you do not know how to mat a photo, check out the video below.
- Print one entry form for each photo you want to enter in the contest. When you fill out the entry form, remember to get your parent or guardian to sign the form too if you are under the age of 18.
- Follow the directions on the entry form for mailing or dropping off your entry.
- Please remember to send digital copies of your photo entries by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to mat a photo
Tutorial for kids on how to mat a photo for the Land Trusts Photo Contest, an amateur photography competition hosted annually by six Connecticut land trusts: the East Haddam, Essex, Lyme, Old Lyme, Old Saybrook and Salem Land Trusts. For more info see landtrustsphotocontest.org.
Come On, Do It!
Can you take pictures like these? Here are some of the Youth winners from previous years:
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com